Links Referenced in the May 25, 2016 hearing of the Texas House Transportation Subcommittee on Long-Term Infrastructure Planning may be found here.
Members of a House committee on May 25 were briefed by TTI researchers who addressed finance options used in other states to fund transportation infrastructure. The testimony before the Texas House Select Committee on Long-Term Infrastructure Planning was provided by David Ellis, research scientist and program manager of the Infrastructure Investment Analysis Program, and Brianne Glover also a research scientist at TTI with the Infrastructure Investment Analysis Program.
Ellis’ testimony and Glover’s testimony were based in part on research conducted by the PRC:
- Public-Private Investment Models for Roadway Infrastructure
- Transportation Reinvestment Zones: Texas Legislative History and Implementation
- TxDOT Innovative Finance under the Strategic Research Program
For a visualization on key transportation funding and financing topics around the nation visit our webpage, Transportation Funding-Related State Legislative Bills Enacted into Law (2008-2015).
The committee heard invited testimony on the following topics:
- Testimony from Comptroller Hegar: Financial forecast relating to transportation funding.
- Testimony from TTI on finance options used in other states to fund transportation infrastructure.
- Testimony from TxDOT reviewing statutory changes and budgetary requirements for Design-build contracts.